The location of this position is flexible and telecommuting is available. This is a client facing, revenue generating Consultant with expert consulting experience. The primary purpose is to build and maintain strong client relationships in order to strategically align technology and service in support of client business goals and objectives, to ensure that the company is delivering true business value to its clients, and to effectively preserve and increase/improve the revenue stream.
Line of Business Project Managers
Responsible for consistently servicing multiple, medium to large client contracts simultaneously, or a large, complex contract. Expertise and work efforts focus primarily on the implementation and support of Unified Communications solutions (including Microsoft Lync and supporting technologies), including requirements gathering, design, migration planning, implementation, support and documentation. Define, manage, and meet client expectations. Define organization and content of project deliverables or proposals with minimal supervision. Work closely with sales team to identify future opportunities with existing clients and provide pre-sales support for potential clients when needed. Manage complex client renewals and cross sell with minimal supervision. Responsible for sustaining strong ongoing relationships with Client middle management and senior management both during and between active engagements. May lead or indirectly supervise project development and functional consultant teams during project implementation/support/change activities.
Delivery Management (80%): Lead in defining solution architecture. Assess possible risks and develop mitigation approaches. Develop migration plans. Implement migration methodology. Resolve complex operational and/or technical problems that require an in-depth evaluation of intangible variables. Provide technical oversight to consulting teams in the resolution or delivery of complex unified communications solutions for business. Maintain responsibility for all technical deliverables on assigned projects. Provide technical leadership to project team, coach and mentor junior team members. Provide management and planning support to Project Managers including escalation of client/project issues and resolution, planning and estimating technical tasks, and coordinating resources. Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems covering multiple technology areas.
Presales (20%): Lead customer interviews and facilitate requirements gathering. Assist in scoping and level of effort estimation. Assist in Responding to RFIs and RFPs. Lead client discovery workshops to better position our solutions and services. Understand customer's business with the ability to white-board [articulate] solutions and strategies to client executive teams, users, and IT staff. Contribute in a leadership role to the development, review and presentation of requirements documents, scope definition, proposals, and project plans. Identify risks and define scope during project assessments and requirements gathering exercises and review those identified by others. Stay current with new unified communications technologies and architectures.
Applications: Microsoft Lync, Microsoft OCS, Cisco, AudioCodes, SONUS, Avaya, unified messaging, mobility applications.
Required Qualifications: 8-10 years direct, client facing consulting experience
- Requires minimum 4 years experience with Microsoft OCS and Lync (required)
- Must have expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and within aggressive schedules
- Demonstrated experience working with a team
- Demonstrated understanding of technology and business trends that are shaping unified communications solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of dial plans, PSTN equipment, and VOIP solutions
- Demonstrated experience in migration, configuration, and integration
- Understanding of routers, firewalls, and load balancers a plus
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks at the same time
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team building skills
- Good written and verbal communication - a writing sample is required
- Good presentation skills
- Strong research skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree with an IT focus or equivalent experience
- MCSE/MCTS/MCITP certification preferred
- Windows 2003/2008/2012
- Microsoft Lync 2007/2010/2013
- Applied experience in performing or supporting at least 1 large scale (10,000 seats+) unified communications deployment
- Working knowledge of hosting environments and operations experience is preferred. Scripting experience in PowerShell and C#.